What does the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce do for its Members?
Becoming a member of the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce allows you to take advantage of a variety of benefits. These benefits are designed to help your business succeed and allow you to make a positive impact in our community. The hard work of volunteers makes all of this possible and we encourage active participation from all of our members. Below is an overview of member benefits, but it is by no means a comprehensive list.
Chamber Membership Benefits on a Local Basis:
- Business Referrals: The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce receives about 2400-2500 phone calls and 7400-7500 in-person inquiries from residents and visitors wanting recommendations for everything from events and attractions to accommodations and dining.
- Free Advertising in the Chamber Office: Members are encouraged to bring business cards and brochures and keep supplies stocked during the year. Members are also able to display materials for special events or promotions in the window at the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce office.
- Chamber Signage: A plaque designating your business as a Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce member.
- Schroon Lake Visitor’s Guide: Over 10,000 copies distributed at the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce office, at 2 visitor centers along the Northway and at many local businesses.
- New Member Events: Events are held to welcome new members to the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce, network with other local businesses and meet the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce directors.
- Special Events: The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce hosts many events throughout the year, both as a primary and supporting sponsor and including the January Winter Social, Community Clean Up Day, Community Garden, Opening Weekend over Memorial Day, Summer Square Dances, 4th of July Parade, Labor Day Street Dance, Olde Tyme Christmas Celebration, Schroon Lake New Year’s Eve Celebration and Fireworks.
- Discounts: The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce offers discounts to members for vendor booths at events and special cooperative advertising rates throughout the year.
- Weekly Guide: Opportunity to promote your business and events in the Schroon Lake Weekly Guide (during the summer season).
- Citizen of the Year: An annual award recognizing an outstanding citizen for their commitment and dedication to our community.
- Business Resource Library: includes a number of documents and web links many of our members find useful.
- Copy Service: Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce members have access to free copy service for small batches (10 copies or less) for their brochures or flyers.
- Cooperation with the Town Board: Providing a business dialogue on a variety of government and local issues.
- Funding Opportunity: Access to the Town of Schroon Revolving Loan Fund.
Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce Member Benefits Electronically:
- Website Exposure: Website listing and link to your business on www.schroonlakeregion.com and www.schroonlakeChamber.org. The schroonlakeregion.com site received 64,795 total visits, 48,201 unique visitors and a total of 244,797 page views. The schroonlakechamber.org site received 3,954 total visits, 3,390 unique visitors and had 9,305 page views. (2012 data.)
- Additonal listing on Adirondack.net: Free basic listing in the Schroon Lake section of Adirondack.net, with special badge designating your business as a Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce member. Adirondack.net is a highly visited website about our area, with over 100,000 visitors per month! Members also have the opportunity to upgrade their listing for even more visibility on this extremely popular site.
- Internet Workshops: Learn how to create your online listing or get an introduction to using social media.
- Events Calendar: Published on the Chamber website as well as the ROOST site.
- Schroon Lake Region Facebook Page: Updated daily by local business people just like you.
- Schroon Lake Region Blog: Highlighting both summer and winter activities throughout our area.
- Electronic Invoicing: Pay your Chamber dues, help sponsor an event or participate in a cooperative ad campaign, all with the convenience of Paypal.
Within the Region:
- Health Insurance: Your business can qualify for health insurance coverage for business owners and employee through Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Small Business Seminars: Free or low-cost seminars including topics like managing social media, grant writing, networking, advertising and energy management.
- Partnership with ROOST (Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism): Allows the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce to expand our marketing reach, access valuable resources and assistance from their dedicated staff members.
- Partnership with the North Country Chamber of Commerce: Allows the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce to take advantage of the available health insurance, legislative support, discounted workshops and seminars, business lending library, small business answering service, commerce card discounts, job training and support, business support in conjunction with the Small Business Administration.
For more information about benefits or joining the Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce, please contact us at email@example.com or 518-532-7675