SunderLand is a family owned and operated business now celebrating 70 years of continuous operation. We have cultivated a relaxing, peaceful, scenic, child-friendly, fun-filled vacation spot, with 6 lakeside/lake view cottages, each sleeping 4-8. SunderLand offers a perfect situation for friends and extended family who want to spend vacations together in separate accommodations. Some of our guests have come back each year for 35 years or more, bringing children and grandchildren; some have made life-long friends with other guests.
Owners are on-site to ensure your comfort and to direct you to local sites of interest, including the nearby towns of Schroon Lake and historic Ticonderoga, the Adirondack High Peaks, ferry crossings or bridge to Vermont, hiking trails and much more. If you love nature, swimming, boating, fishing, hiking, friends, campfires by the lake, family, and relaxing in a beautiful setting beside a quiet gem of a lake, you've found an ideal place!
1. The deck of Kingfisher Cottage provides a view of the beach, the point, the lake. The sunsets and night skies are breathtaking.
2. The porches at Edgewood (pictured) and Phoebe are large enough to accommodate large gatherings. Several groups of extended families and friends reunite at SunderLand every year to enjoy vacations together.
3. A misty morning autumn view from the SunderLand beach. SunderLand is open until mid-October.
4. The "lay of the land" at SunderLand,
5. The views from the point are memorable. This one shows two of the islands in a misty autumn sunrise.